Context is the new prompt

Carousel · 9 slides

Context is the new prompt.

Anthropic describes context engineering as "curating and maintaining the optimal set of tokens" during inference. In plain English: choose what the model sees, every turn.

Why it matters: as the window fills up, the model recalls less of it (context rot).

4 fixes:
1. Compact it: summarize, then restart with the summary
2. Write it down: keep progress in a NOTES.md outside the window
3. Delegate: sub-agents explore in clean windows and hand back 1-2k tokens
4. Load it later: keep file paths and queries, fetch data only when needed

Save this for your next agent build.

I'm Pranjul Rathour, GenAI engineer from Kanpur. Want me to judge your hackathon or speak at your college? pranjulrathour.scult.in/invite

Context is the new prompt, slide 1 of 9
Slide 1 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 2 of 9
Slide 2 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 3 of 9
Slide 3 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 4 of 9
Slide 4 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 5 of 9
Slide 5 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 6 of 9
Slide 6 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 7 of 9
Slide 7 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 8 of 9
Slide 8 of 9
Context is the new prompt, slide 9 of 9
Slide 9 of 9
Pranjul Rathour
Pranjul Rathour
GenAI engineer, Kanpur · 3x first-prize hackathon winner · campus mentor
I ship production RAG pipelines, fine-tune LLMs and build agentic AI products end to end. I lead engineering at SCULT INDIA for a 14-member team and have mentored 200+ students through TechVerse Enclave.
Open to: GenAI roles, hackathon judging, mentorship sessions and guest talks at colleges.
On stage, at hackathons and on campus
Pitching at CSJMU, Kanpur
Pitching at CSJMU, Kanpur
At the VSICS podium, Kanpur
At the VSICS podium, Kanpur
Trophy and certificate of merit at Vividhotsava 2025
Trophy and certificate of merit at Vividhotsava 2025

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forming a hackathon team: roles, skills and the mistake most teams make

Hello from Kanpur: what I build, and what I'll write about here

I built 15 free tools, 1,211 prompts and a 50,000-skill library — here's what's inside tools.scult.in