Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained

Carousel · 9 slides

Broadcom may lend Anthropic up to $42 billion, per Anthropic's IPO prospectus (reported 1 Oct 2026).

→ Convertible notes that could turn into Anthropic shares
→ Covers about one-third of the $125.2B Anthropic pledged for 5 years of TPU compute
→ Broadcom can bring in a financing partner; no notes expected before the IPO
→ The prospectus flags "potential conflicts of interest": Broadcom is both supplier and lender

Chipmakers are now financing their own buyers. My take for builders: stay model-agnostic.

I'm Pranjul Rathour, GenAI engineer from Kanpur. Want me to judge your hackathon or speak at your college? pranjulrathour.scult.in/invite

Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 1 of 9
Slide 1 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 2 of 9
Slide 2 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 3 of 9
Slide 3 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 4 of 9
Slide 4 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 5 of 9
Slide 5 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 6 of 9
Slide 6 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 7 of 9
Slide 7 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 8 of 9
Slide 8 of 9
Broadcom's up-to-$42B loan to Anthropic, explained, slide 9 of 9
Slide 9 of 9
Pranjul Rathour
Pranjul Rathour
GenAI engineer, Kanpur · 3x first-prize hackathon winner · campus mentor
I ship production RAG pipelines, fine-tune LLMs and build agentic AI products end to end. I lead engineering at SCULT INDIA for a 14-member team and have mentored 200+ students through TechVerse Enclave.
Open to: GenAI roles, hackathon judging, mentorship sessions and guest talks at colleges.
On stage, at hackathons and on campus
Presenting Annapurna on stage
Presenting Annapurna on stage
Walking a room through the products he has shipped
Walking a room through the products he has shipped
On the mic
On the mic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forming a hackathon team: roles, skills and the mistake most teams make

Hello from Kanpur: what I build, and what I'll write about here

I built 15 free tools, 1,211 prompts and a 50,000-skill library — here's what's inside tools.scult.in