7 levels of RAG apps

Carousel · 9 slides

7 levels of RAG apps — which level is yours at?

1 Notebook · 2 Chunker · 3 Hybrid (dense + BM25) · 4 Re-ranker · 5 Gatekeeper (a confidence gate that refuses to answer) · 6 Auditor (citations + 196 tests) · 7 Operator (multi-provider fallback, ~220 MB in prod).

Level 7 is RAG.NextUpgrad, which I built and open-sourced: github.com/Pranjulrathour/RAG.NEXTUPGRAD · write-up at pranjulrathour.scult.in/projects/rag-nextupgrad

I teach this as a hands-on college workshop, free for student communities. Pranjul Rathour · GenAI engineer, Kanpur · pranjulrathour41@gmail.com

7 levels of RAG apps, slide 1 of 9
Slide 1 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 2 of 9
Slide 2 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 3 of 9
Slide 3 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 4 of 9
Slide 4 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 5 of 9
Slide 5 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 6 of 9
Slide 6 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 7 of 9
Slide 7 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 8 of 9
Slide 8 of 9
7 levels of RAG apps, slide 9 of 9
Slide 9 of 9
Pranjul Rathour
Pranjul Rathour
GenAI engineer, Kanpur · 3x first-prize hackathon winner · campus mentor
I ship production RAG pipelines, fine-tune LLMs and build agentic AI products end to end. I lead engineering at SCULT INDIA for a 14-member team and have mentored 200+ students through TechVerse Enclave.
Open to: GenAI roles, hackathon judging, mentorship sessions and guest talks at colleges.
On stage, at hackathons and on campus
On the mic
On the mic
Presenting to a room
Presenting to a room
Pranjul Rathour
Pranjul Rathour

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forming a hackathon team: roles, skills and the mistake most teams make

Hello from Kanpur: what I build, and what I'll write about here

I built 15 free tools, 1,211 prompts and a 50,000-skill library — here's what's inside tools.scult.in